Temporary Additional Support
Temporary Additional Support is a weekly payment that helps you when you don't have enough money to cover your essential living costs.
You don't need to be on a benefit to get this payment.
You don't have to pay it back.
Who can get it
You may get Temporary Additional Support if you:
- are over 16
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- have essential living costs that you have no other way to pay for
- are not already getting Special Benefit.
It also depends on:
- how much you and your partner earn
- any money or assets you and your partner have
- whether we can help you in other ways
- the types of costs you're paying for
- what you're doing to reduce your costs or increase your income.
This information is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.