Vehicle Modification Funding

If you have a serious disability and need help to buy or modify a car or other vehicle, you may be able to get Vehicle Modification Funding.

Who can get it

You can only get this payment if the Ministry of Health assesses you as needing the vehicle or vehicle modification.

How much you can get

This depends on:

  • the cost of the vehicle or modifications
  • how much you and your partner earn
  • any money or assets you and your partner have.

How to apply

You need to contact a Ministry of Health contracted provider. They will complete a needs assessment for you.

If you live in Auckland or Northland, contact:

If you live in the rest of New Zealand, contact: