You're not working
You may be able to get help from us if you're not currently working, it depends on your circumstances.
Reasons for not working
You've stopped working because:
- you've been made redundant
- you have a health condition or disability
- you were fired or left voluntarily
- you're on strike and need help with living expenses
- you're a seasonal worker
If you've stopped working during, or at the end of, a trial period of up to 90 days, you may be able to apply for Jobseeker Support.
Not currently working
You may be able to get Jobseeker Support while you look for work, if you're not currently employed because:
- you were self-employed but can no longer work for yourself
- you've just finished studying
- you've just returned from overseas.