Re-apply for Temporary Additional Support (TAS)
If you're getting Temporary Additional Support and you still need it, you have to re-apply after 13 weeks. You need to do this before your payment stops.
Who can re-apply
You can re-apply for Temporary Additional Support after 13 weeks if you and your partner have had no changes in circumstances. However, if something has changed, you'll need to still meet the criteria for Temporary Additional Support
You must also have taken:
- all necessary steps to try and pay your expenses another way, eg
- if your circumstances have changed, use our 'Check what you might get' tool to see if there's any other payments you could get
- if you're working, check if you can get Working for Families payments from Inland Revenue
- reasonable steps to increase your income and reduce your costs, eg:
- getting budgeting advice
- requesting debt repayments to be temporarily stopped
- stopping contributions to Kiwisaver and/or other retirement schemes.