We can help you get ready to apply and find the right job for you. We can even help you while you're working.
Get ready to work
You can get training, help with CVs and cover letters, and advice for job interviews.
Find out what jobs are available, which job is best for you and how you can plan your career.
Whether you've just started a job or need some help at work, we've got your back.
Lost your job
We'll help you get ready to find a new job and support you while you're between jobs.
Start your own business
Get help to plan and set up a successful business or be a self-employed contractor.
Take a look at the range of benefits and payments we have available.
Redundancy, health condition or disability or another reason you can’t work
Food, school costs, power, accommodation or other living expenses you need help with
You’ve had a relationship break-up, family breakdown or violent relationship end
Health and Disability
Counselling, prescription and GP costs, medical alarms and other costs we can help with
Travelling overseas, how to apply, payment rates and dates, overseas pensions, income and other info for Seniors
Caring for someone else’s child or someone with a health condition, injury or disability
Urgent or unexpected costs
Dental, glasses, car repairs, fridge, washing machine, funeral or other urgent costs you need help with
Childcare, school uniforms, stationery, having a baby and other costs if you have children
Moving to New Zealand
Payments you can get from us, settling into NZ, overseas pensions and more.
Benefits and forms
A-Z list of benefits, forms, benefit rates
Check out what you need to do when you're getting a benefit or other payment from us.
Address, contact details, overseas travel, childcare, relationship or anything else that’s changed.
Declare income and income deduction tables
Change in your childcare situation, continue childcare payments, cohort entry schools and other childcare information
Going on holiday or going to live overseas
Re-apply for Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support, Temporary Additional Support and more
Check or stop your payments, payment cards and other information
Check your debt, repayments and other debt information
Rights and responsibilities
Our commitment to you, obligations, complaints, benefit fraud and more
Find out how we can help you with housing.
Nowhere to stay
Get help if you have nowhere to stay right now.
Find a house
Find out where to look for private housing, or apply for public (social) housing.
Living in your home
Get help with accommodation costs, and advice on any housing issues and public housing tenancies.
Find out how we can help if you’re moving house.
Read some of our housing information in other languages.
Modifications to your workplace
Your employee may be able to get help to pay for equipment or changes to their work space due to their disability or health condition. This is paid through Job Support Funds.
Who can get it
Your employee may get funding for workplace modifications or equipment through Job Support Funds if they:
- have a disability or a health condition that is likely to last for more than 6 months
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- aren't getting support from ACC or the Ministry of Health
- normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- are aged 16 to 65 years old.
You or your business must also have:
- checked for alternative funding options, eg through the Ministry of Health or ACC
- sought professional advice, if necessary, e.g. from either a:
- occupational therapist
- disability agency advisor
- support professional.
What you can get
The most your employee can apply for is up to $10,000, including GST, in a 52 week period. It can pay for things like:
- visual aids.
It can't pay for:
- work experience
- temporary employment
- modifications or equipment that you would need to provide if your employee wasn't disabled
- modifications to a building where you already have a legal obligation to provide access for disabled people, e.g. in new buildings or where the building is undergoing renovations
- items for personal mobility only.
The application process
Your employee must apply for Job Support Funds. They can find more information and the application form on the Job and Training Support Funds page:
What happens next
Once your employee has applied for Job Support Funds, you'll:
- be contacted to arrange for someone to come and assess your workplace
- be given an application form to complete
- need to get a quote for the modifications or equipment your employee needs (if your quote is for more than $1,500, then you'll need to get 3 quotes).
What you need to do:
- Email your completed application form to us at support_Funds@msd.govt.nz
- Arrange access to your workplace for assessments, if required
- Get quotes for the modifications or equipment, and email these to support_Funds@msd.govt.nz
After this has been done we will contact you and your employee. We'll let you know if your application has been approved, and if you start the modifications or buy the equipment.