Relationship break-up

If you and your partner have broken up, we may be able to help.

Important information

If you're in a violent situation and in need of urgent help, see:

NZ Police - family violence

It's not OK - need help

Who can get help

You may be able to get help from us if you're not working or are on a low income and either:

  • you and your partner have separated
  • your partner has gone to prison
  • you've had to leave the family home because of violence
  • your partner is no longer supporting you.

What you can get