What you need to do when you're on a benefit
If you get a benefit from us, you need to keep us up to date with any changes that might affect what you're entitled to or how much you get paid.
It’s important you tell us so you get paid the right amount.
You need to tell us about:
- income you’ve earned or payments you've received
- travelling overseas
- starting or stopping full-time or part-time study
- changes to childcare arrangements
- relationship changes
- having a baby while on a benefit
- a child entering or leaving your care
- any change of costs for Disability Allowance
- any change of costs for Temporary Additional Support
- a reason that will stop your payment or benefit
- going into or leaving hospital
- imprisonment or being held in custody on remand
You need to tell us if your details have changed
If you’re receiving employment, training or work readiness assistance
You need to tell us if your work or training changes or stops as this could affect the assistance payments we make to you, your employer or your training provider.
Youth service clients
If you receive the Youth Payment or Young Parent Payment make sure you tell your Youth Services provider that things have changed.