Re-apply for Jobseeker Support
If you’re getting Jobseeker Support and you still need it after 52 weeks, you have to re-apply. The easiest way to do this is online.
How to re-apply
Step 1 - Book an appointment in MyMSD
You’ll get a letter and notification in MyMSD 4 weeks before you need to reapply for Jobseeker Support.
You need to:
- log in to MyMSD
- select the notification
- book an appointment – we’ll let you know if it’s via phone or face-to-face.
If you can’t use MyMSD, call us and we’ll book an appointment for you.
If you have a partner and they have work obligations, they also need an appointment. They can either:
- come to the same appointment as you, whether it’s over the phone or in the office
- book another appointment by either:
- logging in to their own MyMSD
- contacting us
Step 2 - Complete the form in My Account
You need to log in to My Account to complete the online re-application form.
If you have a partner, they also need to complete a re-application form. They can do this in their own My Account.
If you or your partner can’t get or use My Account, you won’t be able to complete the form online.
- We'll complete this with you at your appointment and let you know if there are any other documents you need to provide.
- If you have a phone appointment, you and your partner may also need to come into an office to sign the form. We'll let you know if you need to do this.
What happens next
Once you submit your form, you’ll get a page that confirms your re-application has been submitted successfully. It also tells you:
- your re-application reference number
- to book an appointment, if you haven’t already
- what supporting documents you’ll need to provide.
If we need any supporting documents, eg proof of your income, you’ll need to either:
- drop them off to your local service centre, if you have a phone appointment, or
- bring them with you to your appointment, if it’s at a service centre.
During your appointment we’ll talk with you about:
- work you’ve done before
- o what you enjoyed
- o what you didn’t enjoy
- the types of jobs or training you’re interested in
- other skills or experience you have
- what you’ve done to look for work
- how we can help you look for work.