Becoming an approved OSCAR provider
To receive payments from us, you need to be an approved OSCAR provider and registered to receive subsidies.
Step 1 - Become an approved OSCAR provider
MSD Approvals, a service of the Ministry of Social Development, can approve an OSCAR programme.
As part of the application process, an MSD Approvals assessor will:
- consider your policies and procedures to determine if they meet the OSCAR Standards for Approval
- visit your facilities to check that they meet the standards.
Step 2 - Register to receive subsidies
For parents or caregivers to receive an OSCAR subsidy, you need to register your details with us.
You need to:
- complete the Childcare/OSCAR provider registration form
- provide evidence of your:
- bank account
- MSD OSCAR approval
- fee structure.
You can either:
- email them to us at email@example.com
- drop them into any Work and Income service centre
- post them to:
Private Bag 9029
We’ll be in touch once everything’s been processed or if we need anything else.
If you have any questions or need any help, please contact us