Accommodation Supplement is a weekly payment which helps people with their rent, board or the cost of owning a home.
From 1 April 2018, if you're getting Accommodation Supplement, this payment may go up as part of the Budget changes announced by the Government
Who can get it
You may get an Accommodation Supplement if you:
- have accommodation costs
- are aged 16 years or more
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- are not paying rent for a social housing property. (Social housing properties are provided by Housing New Zealand and approved community housing providers.)
It also depends on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
The information provided in this page is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.