Accommodation Supplement is a weekly payment which helps people with their rent, board or the cost of owning a home.
Who can get it
You may get an Accommodation Supplement if you:
- have accommodation costs
- are aged 16 years or more
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- are not paying rent for a social housing property. (Social housing properties are provided by Housing New Zealand and approved community housing providers.)
It also depends on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
The information provided in this page is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.