Special Needs Grant
A Special Needs Grant is a payment to help people in certain circumstances pay for something when they have no other way of paying for it. You don't usually have to pay them back either.
Who can get it
This depends on your individual circumstances.
Generally, you may get a Special Needs Grant if you:
- have urgent and necessary needs
- have no other way to meet these costs
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
You should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.
It may also depend on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
This information is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.