One-off or lump sum payments
There are some one-off payments or services (not wages or salary) that won’t affect your benefit because we don’t treat them as income. So you don’t need to tell us about them. However, if you get Accommodation Supplement or Temporary Additional Support you do need to tell us about them.
Will you get any income from your one-off payment?
If you invest the money you get and earn interest, dividends or rent, this will be counted as income and you have to tell us about it.
- Compassionate grants
- Employer help if you have a sickness, injury or disability
- Ex gratia and compensation payments
- Gifts - one-off
- Home equity conversion scheme lump sum
- Lottery prize money or gambling winnings
- Sale of assets
- Lump sum payment from a deceased estate sale or will
- Payments to victims of crime
- Settlement payments for sleepover shifts
If you're not sure, contact us