Social Rehabilitation Assistance

Social Rehabilitation Assistance is a payment which helps people who are in a residential social rehabilitation programme and their benefit isn't enough to meet the fees.


Payments are made directly to the programme provider.

Who can get it

You may get Social Rehabilitation Assistance if you are in an approved social rehabilitation programme and getting a benefit.

If you are getting New Zealand Superannuation or Veteran's Pension it also depends on how much you and your spouse or partner earn.

If you are going into a social rehabilitation programme but are not getting a benefit, contact us to find out if you qualify for one.

How much you can get

This depends on the area where the social rehabilitation programme is.

How to apply

You need to call us on 0800 559 009

We'll talk with you to understand your situation and how we can help. We'll let you know what information you need to provide and how to get this to us.


This information is a guide only.

Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.