If you're a parent or carer we may be able to help you with the cost of home help to complete household tasks or training in parenting skills.
Who can get it
You may get Home Help if:
- you're either a:
- New Zealand citizen
- permanent resident
- you normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- you either
- have a multiple birth from the same pregnancy
- adopt 2 or more children from the same pregnancy
- have a domestic emergency (a sudden change of circumstances that creates a crisis situation)
- need domestic support.
If you have or adopt twins, you must already have another child under 5.
Domestic emergency or support
If you have a domestic emergency or need domestic support, you must also have:
- no immediate family or anyone else living with you who can help
- a current Community Services Card, or your partner must have one.
It also depends on any money or assets you and your partner have.
This information is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.