If you get certain types of payments from ACC you need to let us know. The amount and type of payment you get may affect your benefit.
If you don’t tell us we may not pay you enough. Or we may pay you too much and you’ll have to pay the debt back.
Payments you need to tell us about
You have to tell us about these ACC payments as they could affect your benefit:
- weekly compensation
- survivor's grant (regular or one-off)
- ACC payments from private insurers
- payments for attendant care, home help and rehabilitation services.
Payments you don't need to tell us about
You don't have to tell us about these types of ACC payments, but if you invest the money and earn interest, this will be counted as income and you have to tell us about it.
- independence allowance
- lump sum payments for impairment
- This payment won’t affect your benefit for the first 12 months. But after this time, if any of the money is invested, we will treat the interest you earn as income which will affect your benefit.
- sensitive claims
If you need more information or want to discuss this in more detail contact us