You must tell us about your travel plans and reasons for travel before you leave New Zealand no matter what benefit you get.
Payments may be affected
Payments for the following benefits will automatically stop from the day after you leave New Zealand, unless you’ve told us before you go and we’ve agreed that there are approved reasons that mean your payments can continue:
- Jobseeker Support (including Jobseeker Support – Student Hardship)
- Sole Parent Support with work obligations or a specific work preparation activity
- Supported Living Payment with a specific work preparation activity
- Emergency Benefit and Emergency Maintenance Allowance
- Youth Payment
- Young Parent Payment
- Partners with work obligations, work preparation obligations with activities or youth activity obligations.