If you get any sort of payment from us you must tell us about your travel plans and reasons for travel before you leave New Zealand.
Payments may be affected
Payments for the following benefits will stop from the day after you leave New Zealand:
- Jobseeker Support
- Jobseeker Support – Student Hardship
- Sole Parent Support with work obligations or a specific work preparation activity
- Supported Living Payment with a specific work preparation activity
- Emergency Benefit and Emergency Maintenance Allowance
- Youth Payment
- Young Parent Payment
- Partners with work obligations, work preparation obligations with activities or youth activity obligations.
Payments may only continue under certain conditions. We have to approve this before you leave the country.