Weekly wages deduction calculator
Use this calculator to estimate how much will come off your weekly benefit payment if you earn wages while getting a benefit.
This is just an estimate. This amount could change depending on your individual circumstances.
How to use the calculator
- Select the name of the benefit you receive.
- Enter your total weekly hours and hourly rate OR your total gross earnings for the week (before tax and other deductions).
- Press 'Calculate Deduction'.
The estimated amount that will come off your benefit payment will be shown. If you're earning too much to be entitled to your benefit payment for the week, you'll see a message displayed saying it's more than the maximum allowed.
If you receive Jobseeker Support and you’ve worked more than 30 hours in a week, you need to contact us
If you're receiving:
- Jobseeker Support at the couples rate, the amount shown will be deducted from each partner's payment.
- NZ Superannuation - non qualifying partner, half the amount shown will be deducted from each partner's payment.