Take a look at the range of benefits and payments we have available.
Redundancy, health condition or disability or another reason you can’t work
Food, school costs, power, accommodation or other living expenses you need help with
You’ve had a relationship break-up, family breakdown or violent relationship end
Health and Disability
Counselling, prescription and GP costs, medical alarms and other costs we can help with
Travelling overseas, how to apply, payment rates and dates, overseas pensions, income and other info for Seniors
Caring for someone else’s child or someone with a health condition, injury or disability
Urgent or unexpected costs
Dental, glasses, car repairs, fridge, washing machine, funeral or other urgent costs you need help with
Childcare, school uniforms, stationery, having a baby and other costs if you have children
Fixing issues with Accommodation Supplement, Special Benefit and other payments we’ve made
16-19 year olds
Education, training, work and benefit help for 16-19 year olds
Benefits and forms
A-Z list of benefits, forms, benefit rates
Find out what services we can offer to help you find work and when you start a new job.
Looking for work
We have jobs available now in various industries and you can search on our job websites.
Help with your job search
From advice on making a plan, to tips on where to look and following up leads.
Training and experience
Our programmes can help you get ready for work with training and work experience.
Job Connect on Facebook
Find out how we can help you get ready to work, find work, and support available while you're working.
CVs and cover letters
We’ve got great templates and advice for writing your CV or cover letter, and filling out job applications.
Help with work costs
Get help to pay for the things you need to start work
Job support and advice
Get all the support and advice you need to stay in work.
Health and disability
If you want to work, we can support you to find the right job for you.
Start your own business
We can help you get your business up and running.
Get advice about how to prepare for and deliver a great interview.
Help for 16-19 year olds
We’ve got extra support for young people to get ready for work and find a job.
Check out what you need to do when you're getting a benefit or other payment from us.
Address, contact details, overseas travel, childcare, relationship or anything else that’s changed.
Declare income, wages deduction calculator and tables
Change in your childcare situation, continue childcare payments, cohort entry schools and other childcare information
Re-apply for Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support, Temporary Additional Support and more
Check or stop your payments, payment cards and other information
Check your debt, repayments and other debt information
Rights and responsibilities
Our commitment to you, obligations, complaints, benefit fraud and more
Find out how we can help you with housing.
Nowhere to stay
Get help if you have nowhere to stay right now.
Find a house
Find out where to look for private housing, or apply for public (social) housing.
Living in your home
Get help with accommodation costs, and advice on any housing issues and public housing tenancies.
Find out how we can help if you’re moving house.
- MyMSD is owned and operated by the Ministry of Social Development ("the Ministry", we, us, our).
- We may change the content available on MyMSD from time to time.
- You need to create an account to use MyMSD, or use an existing RealMe account that has been linked to your MyAccount.
- You can create an account by registering to MyMSD and supplying the information requested (Client Number, mobile phone number or email address and date of birth). Follow the instructions to help you to complete your registration securely.
Availability of MyMSD
- We cannot guarantee that MyMSD will be available at all times. It may be unavailable for maintenance, reasons related to your internet or telecommunications provider or other events outside of our control.
Information on MyMSD
- We do our best to ensure the most up to date information is available on MyMSD, however if there is a change in your situation and your details are updated there could be a delay before the update appears in MyMSD. This means the information still appearing is subject to change.
- We may email or send SMS messages to you directly. For example, you may be sent:
- Activation codes or temporary login for MyMSD (when you request these)
- Information about the MyMSD web application
- Security notifications
- Emails to tell you when you have letters to read in MyMSD
- Information regarding products and services from the Ministry, and
- Information about any relevant legislative or policy changes.
- We will post some of your letters in MyMSD. These letters will be taken to have been received by you when they enter the MyMSD information system under section 11(a) of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.
Your personal details
- You must keep your contact details up-to-date. We take all reasonable steps to make sure emails and SMS messages have the highest chance of successful delivery, but we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery due to circumstances outside of our control, such as incorrect or out-of-date email address or mobile phone number.
- When you submit information through MyMSD to us, you need to:
- fill in all the required information
- make sure the information you supply is true and correct, and
- confirm the information you are sending is true and correct before submitting.
- Any information you have provided through MyMSD will be used to update your records and to provide you with correct financial assistance and other services.
- If you are a registered MyMSD user, you have the following responsibilities:
- You must keep your login information secure.
- Make sure you choose a password/PIN that cannot be easily guessed, keep it safe and do not share it with anyone. We do not have access to your password/PIN and we will never ask for them.
- If you think someone knows your login information, you must immediately:
- change your password/PIN
- notify us by calling 0800 559 009.
- You must keep your contact details up-to-date.
- Make sure you log out of your MyMSD session once you are done - especially if you are using a shared device or public computer.
- If you are using a shared device or public computer do not select "Remember Me" when you log into MyMSD.
- You must not use any device or software which interferes with the operation of MyMSD or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the service.
- The Ministry will collect information about your use of MyMSD to help us improve the services provided by the Ministry and to investigate any dispute you have with us. This includes:
- your IP address
- any search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system
- the type of device and web browser you use
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution.
Your obligations under the Social Security Act
- You are subject to a number of obligations under the Social Security Act 2018. Having a MyMSD account does not remove your legal obligations. To view more detail on your obligations under the Social Security Act 2018 visit Your responsibilities.
- The Ministry's Privacy Statement applies to the MyMSD web application.
- Your browser setting must be able to accept Cookies to use MyMSD.
- Using in Private Browsing setting will not affect your ability to use MyMSD.
- The Ministry has systems and procedures in place to prevent loss, unlawful access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse of your information, consistent with good practice and as required by relevant law and policy. Particular care has been taken to ensure that only certain people with specific roles and authorised access levels are able to view your identity and transaction-related information.
- Copyright©. Copyright material in MyMSD is protected by copyright owned by the Ministry of Social Development on behalf of the Crown. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence.
This link opens in a new browser tab or window.