- MyMSD is owned and operated by the Ministry of Social Development (“the Ministry”, we, us, our).
- We may change the content available on MyMSD from time to time.
- You need to create an account to use MyMSD, or use an existing RealMe account that has been linked to your MyAccount.
- You can create an account by registering to MyMSD and supplying the information requested (Client Number, mobile phone number or email address and date of birth). Follow the instructions to help you to complete your registration securely.
Availability of MyMSD
- We cannot guarantee that MyMSD will be available at all times. It may be unavailable for maintenance, reasons related to your internet or telecommunications provider or other events outside of our control.
Information on MyMSD
- We do our best to ensure the most up to date information is available on MyMSD, however if there is a change in your situation and your details are updated there could be a delay before the update appears in MyMSD. This means the information still appearing is subject to change.
- We may email or send SMS messages to you directly. For example, you may be sent:
- Activation codes or temporary login for MyMSD (when you request these)
- Information about the MyMSD web application
- Security notifications
- Emails to tell you when you have letters to read in MyMSD
- Information regarding products and services from the Ministry, and
- Information about any relevant legislative or policy changes.
- We will post some of your letters in MyMSD. These letters will be taken to have been received by you when they enter the MyMSD information system under section 11(a) of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.
Your personal details
- You must keep your contact details up-to-date. We take all reasonable steps to make sure emails and SMS messages have the highest chance of successful delivery, but we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery due to circumstances outside of our control, such as incorrect or out-of-date email address or mobile phone number.
- When you submit information through MyMSD to us, you need to:
- fill in all the required information
- make sure the information you supply is true and correct, and
- confirm the information you are sending is true and correct before submitting.
- Any information you have provided through MyMSD will be used to update your records and to provide you with correct financial assistance and other services.
- If you are a registered MyMSD user, you have the following responsibilities:
- You must keep your login information secure.
- Make sure you choose a password/PIN that cannot be easily guessed, keep it safe and do not share it with anyone. We do not have access to your password/PIN and we will never ask for them.
- If you think someone knows your login information, you must immediately:
- change your password/PIN
- notify us by calling 0800 559 009.
- You must keep your contact details up-to-date.
- Make sure you log out of your MyMSD session once you are done – especially if you are using a shared device or public computer.
- If you are using a shared device or public computer do not select “Remember Me” when you log into MyMSD.
- You must not use any device or software which interferes with the operation of MyMSD or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the service.
- The Ministry will collect information about your use of MyMSD to help us improve the services provided by the Ministry and to investigate any dispute you have with us. This includes:
- your IP address
- any search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system
- the type of device and web browser you use
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution.
Your obligations under the Social Security Act
- You are subject to a number of obligations under the Social Security Act 1964. Having a MyMSD account does not remove your legal obligations. To view more detail on your obligations under the Social Sector Act 1964 visit Your responsibilities.
- The Ministry’s Privacy Statement applies to the MyMSD web application.
- Your browser setting must be able to accept Cookies to use MyMSD.
- Using in Private Browsing setting will not affect your ability to use MyMSD.
- The Ministry has systems and procedures in place to prevent loss, unlawful access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse of your information, consistent with good practice and as required by relevant law and policy. Particular care has been taken to ensure that only certain people with specific roles and authorised access levels are able to view your identity and transaction-related information.
- Copyright©. Copyright material in MyMSD is protected by copyright owned by the Ministry of Social Development on behalf of the Crown. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence.
This link opens in a new browser tab or window.