Business Training and Advice Grant

Business Training and Advice Grant helps people getting government assistance who want to start up their own business. It helps towards the cost of training and advice you need to start a business. You could also use it if you need the services of a business adviser

Who can get it

You may get the Business Training and Advice Grant if:

  • you or your spouse are getting some form of government assistance
  • you are planning to take up, or are already getting, Flexi-Wage self-employment subsidy
  • you are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

This information is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.

How to apply

Contact us for application forms and advice on courses.

You will also need to write a brief summary about your business and the course or service you want the grant for. You need to apply and get approval before starting the course or using the service.