Senior Services International
Senior Services International and Work and Income are services of the Ministry of Social Development. Together we help you get paid the right amount of New Zealand benefit or pension whether you live in New Zealand or overseas.
Senior Services International:
- pays New Zealand benefits and pensions to clients overseas
- helps current and former New Zealand residents to claim certain New Zealand benefits and pensions they may be able to get while living overseas
- helps people claim any overseas benefits or pensions they may be entitled to from another country, and assesses their New Zealand entitlement once an overseas benefit or pension is granted
- provides general advice and assistance on international benefits and pensions
- share information with social security agreement partners about benefits and pensions covered by agreements.
Our Wellington-based staff look after approximately 60,000 clients in New Zealand and in 70 countries around the world.
We assist in the negotiation of social security agreements and administer:
- the social security agreements with Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Ireland, Greece, Denmark, Canada and Jersey and Guernsey
- the special portability arrangement to certain Pacific countries (see Taking your New Zealand Superannuation or Veteran’s Pension to the Pacific factsheet)
- the general portability arrangement (see what happens to your NZ Super when you go overseas)
- New Zealand benefits or pensions where a person gets an overseas pension.
If you receive a New Zealand benefit or pension, you can help us by:
- making sure that we have correct information about time you have spent living in other countries
- telling us about any changes in your circumstances.