Seasonal Work Assistance
Assistance for seasonal workers who are no longer getting a benefit and have lost wages because of work missed due to bad weather.
Who can get it
You may get Seasonal Work Assistance if you:
- stopped getting a benefit within the last 26 weeks to go into seasonal horticultural work
- have lost wages because you could not work due to bad weather
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
It also depends on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
You should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.
This information is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.