Temporary Additional Support
Temporary Additional Support is a weekly payment which helps someone who can’t meet their essential living costs from what they earn or from other sources.
Who can get it
You may get Temporary Additional Support if you:
- are over 16 years old
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- have essential living costs that you have no other way to meet
- are not already getting Special Benefit.
You should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.
To work out if you can get this help we also look at:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have
- whether we can help you in other ways
- the types of costs you are paying for
- what you are doing to meet or reduce your costs.
This information is a guide only.
Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.