Transition to Work Grant
Transition to Work Grant is a payment which helps people with the costs of moving into a job.
Examples of how this grant can help
Some of the costs the grant can help people with are:
- job search costs
- job interview costs such as clothing and travel
- tools or clothing needed for work
- relocation costs
- living expenses until their first pay.
Who can get it
You may get a Transition to Work Grant if you are:
- aged 16 years or over
- looking for a job, moving into a job, or between jobs
- a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
Transition to Work must not be granted for employment, job seeking or job placement in a location other than New Zealand.
It also depends on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
This information is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.
How much you can get
This depends on your circumstances.
For more information
For more detail go to our: