Home Help

If you're a parent or carer we may be able to help you with the cost of home help to complete household tasks or training in parenting skills.

Who can get it

You may get Home Help if you have had a multiple birth or have adopted three or more children.

You may also get it if you have a domestic emergency or need domestic support.

If you have a domestic emergency or need domestic support it also depends on any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have. You must also:

  • have no immediate family or anyone else living with you able to help you
  • have a current Community Services Card.

You must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

You should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.

This information is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.

How much you can get

This depends on your current circumstances.

For more information

If you'd like more information read:

For more detail go to our:

How to apply

Contact us to talk about your circumstances and we’ll explain how to apply. We’ll normally arrange a meeting with you and will tell you what you need to bring.