Accommodation Supplement is a weekly payment which helps people with their rent, board or the cost of owning a home.
Who can get it
You may get an Accommodation Supplement if you:
- have accommodation costs
- are aged 16 years or more
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
- are not paying rent for a Housing New Zealand property.
It also depends on:
- how much you and your spouse or partner earn
- any money or assets you and your spouse or partner have.
How much you can get
How much you will get on the Accommodation Supplement will depend on:
- your income
- your assets
- your accommodation costs
- your family circumstances
- where you live.
For more information
The information provided in this page is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.
If you'd like more information read:
For more detail go to our:
Are you eligible?
Find out if you might get this benefit, and what other financial assistance may be available to you.
How to apply
If you don’t want to complete the form online you can print out and complete one of the application forms below.
If you can’t print the form out we’ll send an application form to you or you can complete it when you come in to see us.
We can grant you the financial assistance you’re entitled to from the date you first contact us if you complete your application within 20 working days of that date.
Contact us for more information