Earlier changes

What's new

7 November 2019

Medical alarm suppliers

The list of MSD-accredited suppliers of medical alarms has been updated to add TraceCare as a new supplier. See:


6 November 2019

Initial stand-down periods

The current initial stand-down period for clients has been amended in line with the adjustment to the Gross Average Ordinary Time Weekly Wage (AOTWW) as at 6 November 2019. See:


4 November 2019

Rent Arrears Assistance

Rent Arrears Assistance is a non-taxable recoverable payment available from 4 November 2019.

These payments are to help clients who have rent arrears and are at risk of losing their tenancy due to the arrears.

It is available to clients who are not able to get other assistance from the Ministry of Social Development for rent arrears.



The following welfare programme has been updated, effective from 4 November 2019:

This is also available in a hard-copy (PDF) format. See welfare programmes.