25 August 2017
Current client debt information has been updated with the new processes for the transfer of information from SWIFTT to TRACE. See:
The following pages have been deleted as they no longer apply:
- Manually adding debt from TRACE
- Existing debt at grant of benefit
23 August 2017
Converting all or part of a Student Loan into an MSD debt
More information on converting a Student Loan into a debt with the Ministry has been added. See:
Performance requirement - passing at least half
Additional information has been added to the performance requirement - passing at least half. See:
Student Allowances has been updated with a number of changes.
Other government assistance
Information has been included on the Medical Trainee Intern Grant and how this is treated as income. See:
Debt recovery and Deductions
Additional information on mandatory deductions and deductions that are not required has been added to Deductions from Student Allowance. Debt recovery has been reviewed and updated, including additional information on civil suits and section 86A. See:
Home schooling and Student Allowance eligibility
Clarification has been provided on home schooling and why this is does not meet the eligibility for payment of a Student Allowance. See:
Performance requirement - passing more than half
Additional information has been added to the performance requirements, with some pages being renamed.
Independent Circumstances Allowance and One parent application
Changes to these pages, include several pages being merged or removed. See:
The following pages have been merged:
- 'Criteria' - added to 'Independent Circumstances Allowance'
- 'Unacceptable reasons for Independent Circumstances' - added to 'Independent Circumstances Allowance'
- 'Independent Circumstances reviews and appeals' - added to 'Independent Circumstances Allowance'
- 'Independence and supported children' - added to 'Independent Circumstances Allowance'
- 'Unacceptable reasons for approving a one parent application' - added to 'One parent application'
- 'Parent has new partner '- added to 'One parent application'
The following pages have been removed:
- Child comes into care of a student
- Change of address
- Independent circumstances and supported children
- Independent circumstances Reviews and Appeals
- Student reaches age 24 years
- Unacceptable reasons for approving a one parent application
- Parent has new partner