6 June 2023
Kāinga Ora energy subsidy (Winter Energy Study subsidy) is paid by Kāinga Ora to energy retailers for the electricity supply provided to people living in Kāinga Ora housing.
This subsidy is not included as:
- income under the Social Security Act 2018 or
- a student's personal income, the income of their spouse or partner, or their parents income when assessing the student's eligibility for Student Allowance
- Kāinga ora energy subsidy
- Definition of income Income that must be excluded
1 June 2023
Veteran's Pension - Grandparented non-qualified partners of Veteran's Pension clients in residential care
Grandparented non-qualified partners of, Veterans Pension clients in residential care can get Veteran's Pension.
The rate of payment depends on the living situation of the partner in the community.
They can be paid either
- the single living alone rate, if they are living alone or
- the single sharing accommodation rate, if they are not living alone
Note there are different qualifications for New Zealand Superannuation grandparented non-qualified partners.