Modification Grant

Modification Grant is a payment which helps people with disabilities pay for workplace changes or equipment that makes it easier for them to stay in or get work.

Who can get it

You may get a Modification Grant if:

  • you have a disability that's likely to last at least 6 months
  • the modification will help you stay in work or get work
  • you don't get weekly payments from ACC
  • you are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

You should also normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.

What you can get

The Modification Grant pays for things like:

  • ramps and handrails
  • visual aids
  • computer equipment
  • other changes in your workplace.

How much you get depends on what you need.

How to apply

You need to call us on 0800 559 009

We'll talk with you to understand your situation and how we can help. We'll let you know what information you need to provide and how to get this to us.


This information is a guide only.

Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.