Employment Transition Grant

Employment Transition Grant is a weekly payment which helps some people who have completed a Supported Living Payment Employment Trial.

Who can get it

You may get an Employment Transition Grant if you:

  • have completed a Supported Living Payment Employment Trial
  • can no longer get a Supported Living Payment
  • are earning less than the Supported Living Payment after completing the trial
  • regularly work 15 hours or more per week (not in sheltered employment) but you can’t carry on working these hours without the grant.

It also depends on how much you and your spouse or partner earn.

How much you can get

This depends on your circumstances.

How to apply

You need to call us on 0800 559 009

We'll talk with you to understand your situation and how we can help. We'll let you know what information you need to provide and how to get this to us.


This information is a guide only.

Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.