Complete an online form for NZ Super if you and your partner don't receive any benefits or pensions from us
What you'll need to do and what information you'll need to apply for New Zealand Superannuation online if you and your partner don't currently get any payments from us.
1. What you’ll need
- Your IRD number and tax code.
- Your bank account details.
If you want to include your partner in your payments you’ll also need to tell us:
- your partner's
- IRD number
- tax code
- bank account details
- all your and your partner's income details for last 52 weeks, eg, wages, ACC, child support, dividends, rentals, etc
- anything that could earn you or your partner money in the next 52 weeks (eg rental income, dividends, ACC, child support, overseas payments).
Do you want to apply for other benefits?
You may be able to get help with housing, medical or other essential costs.
Create your login
Work and Income uses RealMe login
RealMe is the Government's secure user ID that lets you use a variety of online services in New Zealand.
When you click on the 'Complete the form online' button (under Fill in the form):
- use your RealMe login if you have one
you could have set one up when you applied online for your passport or were a previous Work and Income client
- select 'Create your RealMe login now' and fill in your details.
you’ll need an email address and mobile phone to set up your user login
- enter either:
- the 6-digit code sent to you either by text message from 2388 (valid for 5 minutes)
- the code from Google Authenticator app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Fill in the form
Select Applications on the left hand menu to start.
- Your answers are saved as you go.
- You don't have to complete the form all at once. You can save a partly completed form and come back to it later.
- If you don't do anything on the same page for more than 5 minutes you’ll be logged out.
- When you log in to return to your form you’ll start from your last completed page. You'll lose anything on a page that hasn't been saved.
- Your form will be deleted after 60 days if you don't complete and submit it.
- We don't see anything on your form until you submit it.
Once you submit your form you'll get:
- an application reference number
- 'Next steps' instructions (including a list of documents you need to provide us)
- a confirmation email with your application reference number.
- You're nearly finished - there are just a couple more things you need to do before we can process your application. Please go on to 6 Next Steps below to find out more.
- You need to SAVE or PRINT your form BEFORE you leave the Next Steps page (you won't be able to go back to the form once you leave the Next Steps page).
4. Next steps
After you submit your form, you'll get told what you need to do next to complete the application process. This is based on the information provided in your application.
Print, sign and post
Not all clients have to attend an appointment. You may get the option to post your signed form and supporting documents to us instead. You'll be told what you need to provide.
Send the form and the other documents requested to:
Ministry of Social Development
PO Box 5645
If you don't have access to a printer, book an appointment with us using MyMSD, to sign your form and provide your supporting documents.
Meet with us
If you're told you need to meet with us, you can book an appointment using MyMSD.
Or you can call us to book an appointment.
You’ll need to bring:
- your application reference number
- the documents listed in your confirmation email.
If your partner isn't coming to the appointment with you, they need to sign your form beforehand.