Accommodation Supplement issue - online enquiry tool
If you've been affected by the error with Accommodation Supplement payments, you may be able to use this online tool to check if you're owed money.
The online tool will tell you if you’re owed money, and submit your enquiry for processing. It won’t say how much you’re owed.
You don’t need to use the online tool if you currently get:
- NZ Super
- Veteran’s Pension
- Jobseeker Support
- Sole Parent Support
- Supported Living Payment
- Accommodation Supplement
- Temporary Additional Support
- Disability Allowance.
We’ll check to see if we owe you money, and then contact you before the end of November 2016 if we do. Our contact centre and service centre staff aren't able to tell you if you’re owed money or how much it is.
Who can use the online tool
You can use the online tool if either:
- you used to get payments from us, but don't now, or
- you're only getting one of these payments:
- Orphan's benefit
- Unsupported Child's benefit
- Childcare Subsidy
- Out of School Care and Recreation (OSCAR) Subsidy
- Child Disability Allowance
- Student Allowance or Student Loan from StudyLink.
You can also use the tool to check:
- on behalf of someone else (if they're not a current client)
- for a person who has died.
The only way you can check if you're owed money is by using the tool. Our staff aren't able to tell you if you’re owed money or how much it is.
Accessing the online tool
If you don't have internet access, you can use the kiosks in our service centres.
At this stage you can only access the tool from Australia and New Zealand.