What you can get to help you stay in work
You might still be able to get help from us when you start working after your benefit stops.
Who can get help
We look at this on a case by case basis including:
- whether you’ve received any help before
- how long you’ve been on a benefit
- your income and assets and those of your partner.
You won’t be able to get extra financial help if you are:
- getting NZ Super or a Veteran’s Pension
- getting Supported Living Payment and doing a work trial.
Returning to work if sick or injured
If you are getting Supported Living Payment you might be able to try out going back to work - doing fewer hours - without losing your benefit. We call this the Sustainable Employment Trial where you can work 15 or more hours a week for half a year (26 weeks) to see if you are fit to take up some work again.