If you’ve come off your benefit to start work, we can offer ongoing support and advice to help you manage any challenges that come up.
Starting a new job can be a challenge, especially if you haven't worked for a while. We want to do everything we can to help you succeed in your new job.
What we can help with
We can help with many things, including:
- ensuring you get any support from us that you qualify for, eg help with:
- Accommodation Supplement
- Working for Families
- childcare costs, including Flexible Childcare Assistance
- disability costs
- regular check-ins to see how things are going for you at home or at work
- advice on talking to your employer about things like:
- working arrangements
- learning your new job
- training and mentoring
- advice on how to manage a disability or health condition while working, eg:
- structuring your day
- workplace modifications
- information about other services you could get, eg:
- additional tax credits from Inland Revenue
- relationship services.
How to get in-work support
If you'd like to take part in the in-work support service, call us on 0800 559 497 when you start work.
We can contact you by phone or email regularly, so you won’t have to take time off to meet with us.