Take a look at the range of benefits and payments we have available.
Redundancy, health condition or disability or another reason you can’t work
Food, school costs, power, accommodation or other living expenses you need help with
You’ve had a relationship break-up, family breakdown or violent relationship end
Health and Disability
Counselling, prescription and GP costs, medical alarms and other costs we can help with
Travelling overseas, how to apply, payment rates and dates, overseas pensions, income and other info for Seniors
Caring for someone else’s child or someone with a health condition, injury or disability
Urgent or unexpected costs
Dental, glasses, car repairs, fridge, washing machine, funeral or other urgent costs you need help with
Childcare, school uniforms, stationery, having a baby and other costs if you have children
Fixing issues with Accommodation Supplement, Special Benefit and other payments we’ve made
16-19 year olds
Education, training, work and benefit help for 16-19 year olds
Benefits and forms
A-Z list of benefits, forms, benefit rates
Find out what services we can offer to help you find work and when you start a new job.
Looking for work
We have jobs available now in various industries and you can search on our job websites.
Help with your job search
From advice on making a plan, to tips on where to look and following up leads.
Training and experience
Our programmes can help you get ready for work with training and work experience.
Job Connect on Facebook
Find out how we can help you get ready to work, find work, and support available while you're working.
CVs and cover letters
We’ve got great templates and advice for writing your CV or cover letter, and filling out job applications.
Help with work costs
Get help to pay for the things you need to start work
Job support and advice
Get all the support and advice you need to stay in work.
Health and disability
If you want to work, we can support you to find the right job for you.
Start your own business
We can help you get your business up and running.
Get advice about how to prepare for and deliver a great interview.
Help for 16-19 year olds
We’ve got extra support for young people to get ready for work and find a job.
Check out what you need to do when you're getting a benefit or other payment from us.
Address, contact details, overseas travel, childcare, relationship or anything else that’s changed.
Declare income, wages deduction calculator and tables
Change in your childcare situation, continue childcare payments, cohort entry schools and other childcare information
Re-apply for Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support, Temporary Additional Support and more
Check or stop your payments, payment cards and other information
Check your debt, repayments and other debt information
Rights and responsibilities
Our commitment to you, obligations, complaints, benefit fraud and more
Find out how we can help you with housing.
Nowhere to stay
Get help if you have nowhere to stay right now.
Find a house
Find out where to look for private housing, or apply for public (social) housing.
Living in your home
Get help with accommodation costs, and advice on any housing issues and public housing tenancies.
Find out how we can help if you’re moving house.
Mana in Mahi - For employers
If you're keen to help someone who needs additional support to kickstart a long-term career, we can help with funding and wrap-around on-the-job support.
With Mana in Mahi, you can:
- help someone gain real-world skills and formal qualifications in an industry they'll love
- develop skilled, knowledgeable people for your business
- know you're helping someone create the future they deserve.
How it works
Mana in Mahi matches employers with people who are keen to start a career and need extra support to begin and maintain their work and training journey.
If you're keen to help provide that support through Mana in Mahi while also developing the skills your business needs, we'll:
- work closely with you to understand what you need
- help you recruit the right person for your team
- help pay for any pre-employment training the employee might need
- provide a wage subsidy to help offset the time you'll need to invest in their training and ongoing development
- help pay for industry training course fees not already covered by other government schemes
- arrange regular contact with you to:
- find out what's going well
- identify any further help you need.
We'll also support your new employee directly by:
- helping them set achievable goals
- contributing to the cost of additional education supports they may need
- supporting them to start their qualification or apprenticeship
- giving incentive payments to motivate them to meet their goals
- meeting with them to check in on how things are going.
To take part in Mana in Mahi, your business needs to:
- have a permanent full-time or part-time position you want to fill
- be offering at least the adult minimum wage
- commit to supporting your new employee on a relevant NZQA-approved industry training pathway.
The person you're employing also needs to be eligible for Mana in Mahi.
What you can get
Mana in Mahi recognises the investment you're making in your employee's future through a range of financial and pastoral supports.
Depending on the training pathway and needs of the person you're employing, Mana in Mahi can provide:
- a wage subsidy of up to $16,000 paid for 1 year (pro-rated if the employee is working part-time)
- up to $2,000 to help with pre-employment training
- funding of up to $8,000 for 1 year towards your employee's industry training course (where not covered under Fees Free or the Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund scheme)
- ongoing coaching and mentoring for you and your employee.
Your employee will also have access to:
- help to pay for additional education or support they may need
- support to start their qualification or apprenticeship
- wrap-around pastoral care to help navigate any challenges
- incentive payments of up to $3,000 over 1 year.
How to get involved
If you're already working with us to hire staff, ask us about Mana in Mahi.
If you’re not currently working with us, complete this form and we’ll be in touch with you to discuss Mana in mahi.
We'll aim to contact you within 5 working days.
If you take part in Mana in Mahi, someone may contact you to ask if you can take part in an interview or survey. This will help us see how Mana in Mahi is working your business and participants and how we could make things even better. You don't have to take part but if you do, it will be anonymous and confidential.