New Zealand Superannuation obligations
There are a number of things you have to do when you're getting New Zealand Superannuation (NZ Super) or Veteran's Pension
It's important that you tell us about any changes that might affect what you're entitled to or how much you get paid.
Change in your circumstances
You must tell us if either you or your partner:
- have changes to personal details, eg, name, address or bank account number
- have changes to your living situation, eg,
- marriage or separation
- entering or ending a civil union
- starting or ending a de facto relationship with someone of the same or opposite sex
- starting or stopping living alone
- intend to live overseas or travel for longer than 26 weeks
- are admitted to or discharged from hospital
- have been granted an overseas benefit or pension
- are imprisoned / held in custody on remand
have any other change that may affect you / your partner's NZ Super entitlement or rate.
How to tell us
If you have changes to your relationship status, you can tell us using MyMSD.
You need to tell us:
- what's changed
- when things changed.
We'll work out if the change affects the payments you're getting from us.
For all other changes, you need to call us right away.
Call us about any changes.