Support after March flooding

Support following the wide-spread flooding, damage and destruction, in Northland, West Auckland, Coromandel and Waikato.

Help with clean-up

Help with clean-up is available in the following areas:

  • Franklin Ward
  • Hauraki District
  • Thames-Coromandel District.

Local councils may engage with Work and Income to make appropriate arrangements for workers and supervisors to assist with clean-up projects. This will include job seekers getting a benefit, students, or workers displaced from their jobs.

Help for farmers

Local councils, the Rural Support Trust and Work and Income are working together to identify needs and set up Enhanced Task Force Green workers and supervisors to work on clean-up projects.

Farmers are encouraged to register their needs through their local Rural Support Trust on 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP).

Help with urgent or unexpected costs

If you have damage due to the flooding, you should speak to your insurance company.

If you don't have house and contents insurance, we may be able to help with urgent or unexpected costs.

Live in West Auckland

Contact the Auckland Council on 0800 22 22 00 if you live in West Auckland and either:

  • your home is flooded
  • you urgently need
    • accommodation
    • food
    • heating
    • clothing
    • medical supplies.