Severe weather information - April 2017
07 April 2017.
Office closures due to floods - April 2017
Office closures - Friday 7 April 2017
Murupara Service Centre has closed.
The following offices have reduced services:
If you are in these areas and need assistance, please call us on 0800 559 009
Financial support to individuals
Extra financial support has been made available for people in these locations:
- other places in the Eastern Bay of Plenty that are temporarily cut-off by flooding from the Whakatane river, eg:
Civil Defence payments can cover the following costs:
- payments if you’re hosting evacuees (private homes, marae or community centres)
- accommodation costs if you’ve evacuated and are staying in tourist accommodation (motels, hotels or temporary rental accommodation)
- loss of livelihood (where you can’t work and have lost your income because of the flooding)
- food, clothing and bedding (immediate needs up to a maximum amount).