Connecting employers and job seekers, skills matching
Finding work in the Christchurch area
Finding work in the area
The Ministry of Social Development will actively promote the initiative and raise awareness of the job opportunities in the Christchurch area by:
- Marketing the ‘$3k to Christchurch’ initiative to clients outside of the area and to employers in the Christchurch region.
- Advertising Christchurch area Work and Income vacancies in other regions so clients are aware of opportunities within the area.
- Raising awareness of the Canterbury Skills and Employment Hub to clients and actively encouraging them to update their Jobseeker profiles so they’re included in any data match for relevant jobs in the area.
- Helping employer engagement with job seeking clients from other regions, such as through videoconferencing, short video CVs, or arranging for a group of job seekers to meet an employer in one face-to-face session.
- Promoting the range of assistance available to clients to help them into employment, such as Job Streams (a tailored, flexible package covering wage subsidies, training and in-work support).