Facts about Senior Services International
Senior Services International and Work and Income are services of the Ministry of Social Development. Together we help you get paid the right amount of New Zealand benefit or pension whether you live in New Zealand or overseas.
Senior Services International:
- pays New Zealand benefits and pensions to clients overseas
- helps current and former New Zealand residents to claim certain New Zealand benefits and pensions they may be able to get while living overseas
- helps people claim any overseas benefits or pensions they may be entitled to from another country, and assesses their New Zealand entitlement once an overseas benefit or pension is granted
- provides general advice and assistance on international benefits and pensions.
Our Wellington-based staff look after approximately 60,000 clients in New Zealand and in 70 countries around the world.
We assist in the negotiation of social security agreements and administer:
- the social security agreements with Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Ireland, Greece, Denmark, Canada and Jersey and Guernsey
- the special portability arrangement to certain Pacific countries (see Taking your New Zealand Superannuation or Veteran’s Pension to the Pacific factsheet)
- the general portability arrangement (see Retired and going overseas brochure)
- New Zealand benefits or pensions where a person gets an overseas pension.
If you receive a New Zealand benefit or pension, you can help us by:
- making sure that we have correct information about time you have spent living in other countries
- telling us about any changes in your circumstances.
For more information please free phone us on 0800 777 227. If you call from Australia please free phone us on 1800 150 479, or if you call from another country please phone +64 4 978 1180. Write to us at PO Box 27-178, Wellington, New Zealand, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Going overseas or moving to New Zealand pages.
For further information about Veteran’s Pensions please contact the Veteran's Pension Centre on 0800 650 656.
If you are deaf, hearing impaired or find it hard to communicate by phone you can send a message to our Deaf Link free-fax 0800 621 621.
A translator is also available to you when you contact us on 0800 777 227.