Wage Subsidy (Flexi Wage)
You may be able to get a Flexi-Wage Subsidy to help take on someone on benefit as an employee. We may also be able to help with their training costs
Who can get it
Your business may qualify for Flexi-Wage if:
- the person you are employing meets the eligibility criteria
- the position is ongoing and continues after the subsidy has finished
- you pay the market wages for the job
- you haven’t dismissed anyone else to employ the person.
You may also be able to get extra funding to help with the costs of training for your new employee (Flexi-Wage Plus) which may include mentoring or in-work support.
If you qualify:
- you sign a formal agreement that outlines the terms and conditions and sets out the level of subsidy
- you hire the person and pay their wages, just like you normally would, and keep wage records in case we need to refer to them
- as agreed in the contract, you send us a completed claim form and wage records and we direct-credit the subsidy into your business bank account
- the subsidy is paid for an agreed period for up to 52 weeks
- you’ll need to pay the balance of the wages, PAYE, GST, ACC levies, holiday pay as well as take care of health and safety requirements.