Timaru Community Link
7-15 Beswick Street
Private Bag 901
Fax: 03 956 0016
Directions: Middle of town centre lights, cross from Old Bank Hotel looking towards the sea. Disabled parking is available in front of the building.
A multi agency group of government and non-government agencies has identified that Timaru Community Link will have services to meet the specific needs of Maori, young people, Seniors, people with mental health issues, unemployed people who want to up-skill and vulnerable families with pre-schoolers.
Timaru Community Link has built strong working relationships with all partners, and with the South Canterbury Community House.
Timaru Community Link partners include:
- Anglican Care South Canterbury – offers a variety of counselling and social services to the South Canterbury area including a foodbank, an opportunity shop and the Oceans grief counselling program for children
- Careers New Zealand (Mana Rapuara Aotearoa) – provides career guidance, information, advice and job search coaching using phone and web technologies
- Child, Youth and Family – provides support and protection for children, young people and their families
- Fale Pasifika O Aoraki Trust – provides a range of services, advice and support for Pacific People
- Housing New Zealand Corporation – provides housing, home ownership loans and education for those on lower incomes
- Inland Revenue Department – provides information about Working for Families Tax Credit and Child Support
- Presbyterian Support South Canterbury, Family Works Service – provides support and assistance for families in the community
- Plunket – provides support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of 5 years
- Salvation Army – provides a range of services for the community such as foodbank, advocacy, budgeting and family tracing
- Senior Services – supports older people through provision of financial assistance and connection to services, support and opportunities
- Timaru Budget Advisory Trust – provides budgeting and financial advice
- Timaru Senior Citizens – provides advocacy services for older people
- Work and Income – provides help to get a job and income support
- Workbridge – provides a professional employment service for people with disabilities, injury or illness
- YMCA South Canterbury – delivers a range of training courses such as Youth Programmes and Pathway to Employment.