Taupo Community Link
77 Heuheu Street
PO Box 1241
Fax: 07 376 7054
Directions: Next door to the Salvation Army shop. Disabled parking is available in front of the main doors.
A number of social agencies, including the Ministry of Social Development, are working in the Taupo Community Link.
Community Links are places where people come to access social services in a way that is co-ordinated, complementary and collaborative. We aim to meet the needs of a range of people, from those seeking financial assistance to those who have unique or complex needs. The Taupo Community Link allows us to provide a more efficient and effective service for people in one location.
Consultation with the Taupo community has helped the Ministry consider how the Taupo Community Link will be designed and the services it will deliver.
Heartlands Services have been present in the Taupo Service Centre for some time.
We continue to work closely with other agencies to encourage their partnership with the Taupo Community Link.
Taupo Community Link partners include:
- Addiction Resource Centre – provides support for people’s wellbeing
- Breastfeeding Support – provides support for mothers
- Café for Youth – provides support to access health services
- Family Start – provides support in health, education and social outcomes for children
- Heartlands Services – provides rural communities with access to Government and other related services
- Independent Living Choices – provides advice for people with disabilities
- Inland Revenue Department – provides information on working for Families Tax Credits and Child Support
- Plunket – provides support services for the development, health and wellbeing of children under the age of 5 years
- Strengthening Families – provides families / whanau with access to the services they need
- Supported Employment Agency – provides support in matching people to jobs
- Taupo Budget Services – provides household budgeting advice
- Work and Income – provides help to get a job and income support
- Workbridge – provides a professional employment service for people with disabilities, injury or illness